I am sick and tired of the devil always attacking. Can I get an AMEN??? I am sick and tired of hearing his lies, seeing him get victory in the lives around me, and for the general chaos that he produces.
I’ve been studying him and his attacks for the last year. Priscilla Shirer’s FerVent and Armor of God books are excellent study tools for this subject. They dig deep in God’s words and pull back the shades to reveal just how much of the devil’s craftiness is around us each and every day.
It’s mind blowing.
Ephesians 6:10-18 says “A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”
Here is what I’ve learned.
- You are only strong in the Lord- never on your own.
- The people and situations you THINK cause you problems are NOT the REAL ENEMY! The real enemy is the devil. Next time you blow up at your husband because he did something, stop and think it through. Your husband is NOT your enemy. The devil is trying to get you to blow up and he will use any little thing to get you to do it.
- The armor of God is a vital piece of equipment. It’s the only way we can be strong in the Lord and withstand the attacks thrown at us.
- The belt of truth, body armor of God’s righteousness, and shoes of the peace that comes from the God News is DAILY items we put on. Just like every day, we put on clothes of some sort.
- The shield of faith comes out when necessary- much like a nurse’s stethoscope. She has it handy, but only uses it at certain times.
- The helmet of salvation is a VITAL part of Christian living- without it we are truly doomed. One well planned blow and we’re finished. Yet, we’ve been given everything we need to find victory.
- Sword of the Spirit- the word of God- is CRUCIAL! The devil will flee at the mention of Jesus.
- Prayer. I cannot stress this enough…. prayer is continued conversation with God. He’s your boss and leader and cannot lead you if you aren’t in communication. It’s the walkie talkie of the battlefield. We also need to lift up others and help them become strong in the Lord.
- We must always stay alert.
The devil is a sly one…. He came to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10), but the Lord came to give us life- and to give it to us more abundantly! We have been given what we need to have that life, but we have to be ACTION Christians! Not couch potato Christians…